Broadband connectivity in schools must be coherent, dependable and sustainable, to allow for a seamless IT infrastructure. It is imperative that pupils and staff are able to connect with content, services and applications. Broadband can support teaching and learning, as well as facilitating the access and exchange of administrative and confidential management data.
Children nowadays are using iPads and other devices in just the same ways as their parents. Tech gadgets are here to stay and harnessing these tools at a young age, for educational purposes, can only be beneficial on top of traditional teaching methods delivered in schools.
Broadband-enabled educational tools assist in this new generation of highly interactive and personalised internet technologies, which have been found to improve learning outcomes. Academic enrichment can be achieved through video, sound, animation and interaction; children are engaged with exciting content which reinforces traditional classroom based teachings. Seamless high-capacity broadband is necessary to facilitate the plethora of different programmes, software and teachings being internet led, school wide.
For teachers, broadband enhances the effectiveness and quality of instruction and improves the delivery of educational material. High-capacity broadband promotes easy communication between teachers, pupils and parents and allows for educators to use dynamic teaching aids.
Dynamic and interactive resources are only available due to broadband connections and these connections allow for enhanced academic prowess in the following ways:
· Resource sharing between peers and faculty
· Increased effectiveness
· Interactive classrooms
· Blended learning experiences
· Personalised instruction
· Students able to learn in a way that is most beneficial to them, at a pace that matches their own
The classroom aside, all school staff can use broadband connectivity for the following:
· Administrative and managerial duties
· Lesson planning
· Student assessments
· Liaison with other staff
· Posting course information online for students
· Parental outreach
· Facilitate the accumulation, analysis and storage of student data
· Employ cloud computing services to streamline information technology processes
Digital age learning is progressing and near dial-up speeds are not appropriate. Access to adequate broadband within schools, colleges and universities is a necessity; especially in a world where many occupations require staff to have digital skills.
Luminet are extremely passionate about the role that IT plays within the education sector and have an education broadband service which aims to make enterprise-class technology available to schools, colleges and universities.
The high-speed connectivity from Luminet offers a unique IT solution, enabling for a more connected learning environment and benefits from the following features:
· Smart internet, web filters and mobile device managements services for safe and fast browsing
· Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) technology for secure, high-bandwidth data, voice, security and cloud services
· Security storage and data backup to protect critical informational at all times and provide disaster recovery strategies
· Secure, monitored social learning platform to encourage communication and collaboration between students and teachers